Monday, October 28, 2013

Transformers 4... The Age of Extinction


The film crew of Transformers 4 have hit the streets of Hong Kong!

Last weekend while running around Sheung Wan, I came across a man with an alien sword-like-laser beam-like-machine gun strapped to his back.  Like any American, I first thought... terrorist attack!!!  Then I remembered I was in Hong Kong and thought... that's just bad fashion.  Shortly there after, I realized I was in the middle of the filming of Transformers 4.  


Here are a few pics and a couple of very short videos I took last Sunday.


The alien sword-laser-beam me up-machine gun!
(I have no idea what this movie is about... does it show?)
Actors Nicole Peltz and Jack Reynok
 taking direction from director Michael Bays

Ferrari/Transformer

                                       



While I was watching Nicole in this scene, I couldn't help but think, 
isn't she standing next to me too?
Turns out she isn't a twin, just a stunt double. 

On a side note:  As I watched the incredibly slow process of filming (15 minutes was my limit), I couldn't help but think how great it would be if I too could have a stunt double in Hong Kong!  Seriously... I can't count the number of times I have walked into a glass plate wall, fallen as a result of slippery floors in shopping malls, MTR entrances, the ramp leading down to the ferry, the slopes along side the Mid-Level escalators or how many times I have jumped on a downward escalator while thinking it was going up (driving isn't the only thing opposite here).  Not to mention the number of times my body has been used to clear the aisle, stairwell or doorway of a city bus.  

Yes... indeed... a stunt double would be great!  







Clearly the exciting news with the post isn't that I came across the filming of a movie...   that I will most likely never see.  But that I successfully loaded a video from my iPad onto my blog!!!  


Three times!!