Friday, August 10, 2012

Abercrombie & FIT !!


I'm sure you have all experienced the loud music and fierce scent of an Abercrombie and Fitch store, even if only by walking past the outside.  Now imagine a whole city sounding and smelling like that and you'd know what it's been like in Hong  Kong since the first of August.  Abercrombie and Fitch is opening its first store in Hong Kong this Saturday and it has been CRAZY round here people!  I had never shopped at an A& F until this year, as I had thought I was either too old or too young.  In other words, I would either see young fit college guys or middle aged men sporting the fashion, and I didn't think I was in either group.  Now don't get me wrong, I always gave those middle aged men credit because they usually looked as if they spent plenty of time in the gym and were doing the brand justice...  I guess.  As for me, I always considered myself more of a Banana Republic or J Crew kind of a guy, but recently I went to an A&F and grabbed a few t-shirts to try on.  I walked in the dressing room to find the only light in the whole place piercing straight down on my head.  I knew real quick it wasn't going to be a flattering experience, however I WAS WRONG!  I couldn't believe how great the t-shirt made my out-of-shape body look.  Immediately I understood why middle aged men wear this brand- the cuts make you look like you spent your whole life in a gym!  Needless to say, I bought that t-shirt in every color and left with a smile.  Today I am not only a customer of A&F, but after this week I AM A FAN!  Hats off to A&F's public relations!!!! 


Here are some of the sites (AKA pure CRAZY!) that Hongkongers have experienced this week...


Day 1 (little did we know...)



At times the A&F buses would stop and the guys would hit the streets.

Standing guard outside the store (all day clapping and stopping traffic!)

Double Decker buses are EVERYWHERE!


Hanging out at the W Hotel pool