Monday, June 10, 2013

Best Hong Kong Burger... Shake 'em Buns!



While walking around Central a few weeks ago I came across a tiny little American style dinner on the corner of Wellington Street and Pottinger Street.  The entrance is behind a row of green metal kiosk along the cobblestoned Pottinger Street.  Shake ‘em Buns looked and smelled amazing at first discovery and minutes later, it was confirmed… it also tasted amazing!  Up to now, despite all the great burgers available back in the states, my all time favorite burger has been the garlic infused burger served poolside at Bangkok's Mandarin Oriental Hotel (eyes-roll-in-back-of-head-good).  But that was before I discovered Shake 'em Buns in Central!

Some of the burger's names may not be kid friendly, but in a city filled with concrete playgrounds, what is?  I ordered the Debbie Does Dallas burger (of course ... !) which had cheddar cheese, fried onions and barbecue sauce.  The burger patties are packed with minced onions and garlic, which translates to YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!  As far as I'm concerned, there's only one condiment to have with french fries and their homemade garlic mayonnaise is definitely it!  On a hot day, burger or no burger, at least make a stop for one of their old fashioned American milk shakes.  Fantastic! 







Although taking pictures of your food in Hong Kong is extremely normal,
I just can't bring myself to taking a picture of a burger.
So no pictures, but take my word it will not disappoint.


Along with great food, they also have a fun sense of humor.
BTW I know what your thinking... I'll take pics of the bathroom sign but not the food??  




Shake ‘em Buns
76 Wellington Street, Central
+852 2810 5533