Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Roots


I love home design... love it!  There's no question that I got my passion for home design from my Mom.  Growing up, I lived in 7 different houses.  In a way, my parents helping me learn at an early age how to adapt to new places, is probably why I've been able to adjust to Hong Kong so well.  I just know my parents loved hearing that!  Once I moved out on my own, I continued bouncing around making my current home in Hong Kong #22 in total... and I'm still counting... for sure!  My mother never studied or practiced home decorating professionally, but that doesn't mean she isn't a highly talented decorator.  People have always raved about her homes.  Although my mother and I don't share the same tastes, we do share a passion of forging a home out of a blank slate.  

I wish I could be with my mom today.  I don't like living over 8,500 miles from my family, but worse than that I don't like that my mom has a fear of flying and can't visit me.  As I complete the finishing touches on my home here in Hong Kong, I know it will never be complete because it will never be graced with a visit from my mom and dad.    


Mom... Dad... I love you.   


Mom... Happy Birthday!