Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I'll have a Blue Christmas...


Last year, I had the honor of designing and sourcing new Christmas decorations for the Four Season's Hotel & Residence, here in Hong Kong.  Last night, before picking up a few Christmas gifts at IFC Mall, I decided to swing by the hotel for a few drinks (and free dim sum… !) at Blue Bar.  I mainly wanted to see if they were using my decorations again this year, and to my surprise they were!  

I can't recall the exact number of themes needed to decorate each of the public spaces throughout the hotel, including the residence lobby and apartments, but I think it was 8 or 863 or something like.  But, of course, each one was a complete blast to develop.  Of them, the tree in the Blue Bar was without doubt my favorite.  What you don't see from the above story board used in the final presentation is I had about three times the amount of ornaments developed for the Blue Bar tree, than any other theme.  Blue isn't a color I care to use for Christmas, but I LOVE THIS TREE.



Sorry the pictures are so dark.

It's a bar.  And, well…  it's   a   bar.


The color inspiration came from this amazing glass block column in the middle of the bar.





Here's a little look at the huge lobby tree.

From this little story board and sample presentation…





Came this…



Merry Christmas!